Read Time:2 Minute, 49 Second
Join Patterson Dental as we celebrate National Brush Day! An awareness and marketing campaign from the Dental Trade Alliance Foundation, National Brush Day is all about promoting the importance of children’s oral health.
Observed in the United States on November 1—the day after Halloween—the goal of National Brush Day is to “reinforce the importance of children’s oral health and promote good tooth-brushing habits recommended by dental experts.” The day after Halloween is a great time for parents to make sure their kids brush their teeth for two minutes, twice a day, and to explain the benefits of good oral hygiene.
Here are a few ways you can help get the word out about National Brush Day and start the conversation with your patients on the importance of brushing their teeth twice a day.
- Post about National Brush Day on social media. Perhaps the easiest way to get the word out about National Brush Day, posting to social media is a great way to show your patients (and potential patients) you care about your community and are an advocate for children’s oral health. The theme for 2023 is “Share Your Favorite Toothbrushing Song,” so think of ways you can tie that theme into your social media posts and be sure to use the hashtag #NBDToothTunes and #NationalBrushDay. Click here to listen to the NBD Tooth Tunes Playlist on Spotify!
- Display National Brush Day posters at your dental practice. Another easy way to spread the word is to display posters in your operatories, waiting room and other areas of your dental office. The DTA Foundation has free downloadable posters here. Use these posters as a talking point to discuss the importance of brushing and children’s oral health.
- Send a National Brush Day email to your patients. The DTA Foundation has made it simple to email patients about National Brush Day by including downloadable email templates with images and suggested copy you can use for your practice.
- Create a video on proper brushing technique. Perhaps your practice has already created a video on how to properly brush your teeth but think of how you can create a similar video while calling out National Brush Day and incorporating the theme “Share Your Favorite Toothbrushing Song.” By creating a video, you’ll have fresh content to embed on your website, share on social media, include in an email to patients or display on monitors at your practice.
- Host an event on National Brush Day. The day after Halloween happens to be a Wednesday this year so consider visiting a local elementary school to educate kids on the importance of oral health and to hand out toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss. If leaving the office isn’t an option, think of other events your practice could host such as a Halloween candy swap, handing out free dental care packages or providing free cleanings and exams to children in need.
These are just a few ideas for promoting and participating in National Brush Day. We encourage you to join us in getting the word out, whether you post to social media, send an email to your patient list, or come up with an idea of your own.
For more information about National Brush Day and to download campaign materials, please visit https://dentaltradealliance.org/mpage/national-brush-day.