Looking to try something new this month? Try this spicy yet delicious Korean-inspired Kimchi Soup. While it’s packed with healthy ingredients, it’s best known for being a great source of probiotics, which may have beneficial effects on oral health.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 32 ounces unsalted chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (red chili paste)
- 7 ounces tofu, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups kimchi
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- Heat sesame oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broth, soy sauce and gochujang. Bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add tofu and kimchi. Stir once and cook for 3 minutes.
- Top with jalapeño and red chili pepper slices.